Cross-Trained Technologist II
Department Description: Schedule: Full Time - 36 Hours - Day/Evening
$5,000 (Full Time) Sign on Bonus Eligible! (Current BILH candidates- restrictions apply). Bonuses are paid out within 30 days of employment and are subject to applicable taxes.
This position is for a cross trained technologist to work in both Interventional Radiology and Interventional Neuro Radiology. Both areas are performing the latest in procedures with state of the art equipment. We are building a new Interventional Radiology Department consisting of IR, U/S and CT procedures. The collaboration of Physicians, Nurses, NP/PAs and Technologists make this a great teaching and team environment.
Our Cross trained Technologist position is eligible for a signing bonus of up to $5k!!!
Job Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Req ID: 42195BR
Job Summary: The Cross-Trained Imaging Tech is responsible for performing a wide range of radiology exams and procedures in a Hospital/Level I trauma and/or Urgent Care setting. Job specific duties are dependent upon the two modalities assigned (see job posting for modality details). For example: General Diagnostic/ Breast Imaging, Interventional/Neurointerventional, etc.This position meets the scope of practice as defined by the ASRT practice standard guidelines.
- Prepares and positions patients for diagnostic exams of various parts of the body which includes setting up equipment and patient in relation to each other to provide best demonstration of body part under study. Enters instructions into computers,monitors and evaluates images for accuracy and completeness of order. Makes necessary adjustments when judged to be necessary.
- Evaluates image quality and completeness.
- Responds to patient's physical and psychological needs. Explains all procedures in a clear and concise manner without causing unnecessary anxiety. Uses Proper Hand Hygiene before and after patient contact. Observes patient's condition and reports any change to nurse or physician.
- Edits computer entries for correctness of description, charges for billing, usage of contrast and reactions
- Maintains Daily Room Check list, Code Cart Compliance checks and monthly inventory checks for expired products.
- Associate's degree in Medical Radiography required.
- License Radiology MA License required., and Registration American Registry of Rad Tech required., and Certificate 1 Basic Life Support required.
- 3-5 years related work experience required.
- MA state license.
- New hires will have 30 days to provide BLS certification. Certification has to be with the American Heart Association (AHA).
- For Ultrasound/Vascular required credentials include ARDMS (Ob/Gyn and Abdomen Specialties) and RVT (Registered Vascular Technologist).
- Advanced technical computer skills as required for technical support specific to functional area and related systems.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow precedents and procedures. May set priorities and organize work within general guidelines. Seeks assistance when confronted with difficult and/or unpredictable situations. Work progress is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Neonatal:Birth to 6 months, Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Heavy work: Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally and/or 50 pounds of force frequently. Work is physically demanding and requires extended periods of standing and/or moving.
BIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATIONVaccines
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. BILH requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement