Contract Manager - Purchased Services
Department Description: This role is providing support for Beth Israel Lahey Health.
Job Location: Boston, MA
Req ID: 31949BR
Job Summary: This role will ensure BILH negotiates optimal system-wide contracts from both a cost and quality perspective. This role will identify and prioritize the purchased service contracts to be renegotiated at a system level, driving the process and focusing on vendor consolidation, appropriate short-term contracts, and other initiatives that will generate substantial savings for the health system.
- Evaluates internal and benchmarking data to identify purchased service contract opportunities.
- Develops and implements BILH contracts to ensure cost effective and quality driven supplies and services.
- Manages vendor relationships, develops contract / relationship performance goals and criteria and serves a subject matter expert resource.
- Works collaboratively with all key stakeholders, including supply chain, clinical departments, and finance on cost savings initiatives specifically relating to contracting operations.
- Leads and/or staffs multi-disciplinary teams to select/standardize contracting choices that maximize supply chain savings while meeting clinical and operational needs. Conducts and/or staffs group meetings to facilitate contract review, trials, and implementation.
- Evaluates success of contract once implemented, reconciles problems between BIHL and vendors, and makes relevant recommendations to best meet the supply chain needs of the system.
- Analyzes data and provide cost savings reports to leadership on a routine basis.
- Shares information and educates managers and physicians throughout the system to advance others' ability to improve supply chain performance.
- Builds, maintains and manages strong partnerships with our strategic vendors.
- Has the responsibility to lead and support managers and directors in developing and improving operations to create optimal performance levels. Direct Reports: None Indirect Reports: None
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, finance, supply chain management or a closely related field required. Master's degree or JD degree or other healthcare related field preferred.
- 5-8 years related work experience required and 0-1 years supervisory/management experience required
- Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
- Certified Materials and Resource Professional (CMRP) certification.
- 7 years purchasing, contracting or materials management experience, preferably in a healthcare setting; Expertise in healthcare physician preference items and knowledge of clinical commodity items used in acute patient areas is preferred. Experience in healthcare value analysis is preferred.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by precedents, policies and objectives. Regularly makes decisions and recommendations on issues affecting a department or functional area.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are highly varied, complex and often non-recurring, requiring staff input, innovative, creative, and Lean diagnostic techniques to resolve issues.
- Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and priorities for functional area. May make recommendations for department policies, practices and programs. Manager or Director provides broad guidance and overall direction.
- Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate broad and comprehensive knowledge of theories, concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex and/or unprecedented situations across multiple functional areas.
- Team Work: Ability to interact respectfully with other employees, professional staff and/or external contacts to offer ideas, identify issues, obtain information or deliver services.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally