Department Description: This role is providing support on the Beth Israel Lahey Health Change Management team.
Job Location: Boston, MA
Req ID: 39802BR
Job Summary: Reporting to the Business Transformation/Change Management Leader, the Communications Coordinator is a key member of the Change Management Team supporting the implementation of a business transformation project (Workday) across the Beth Israel Lahey Health system.
This individual works closely with the Human Resources and Marketing/Communications departments, and directly with the Communications Developer and Change Management Communications Lead to develop and/or approve content, methods, and materials for audience distribution aligned to the Workday communications plan strategy. The Communications Coordinator also supports Workday project leaders as they asses change impacts resulting from the deployment of Workday.
- Supporting the Communications Developer in creating Workday communications strategies designed to inform and engage diverse internal constituencies.
- Supporting the Communications Developer to help foster alignment of Workday communications strategies and tactics across BILH's hospital business units to promote consistency.
- Maintaining communications calendars, monitoring collateral review processes.
- Accessing publication tools, as required, to support the Communications Developer in their activities.
- Coordinating scheduling and logistics for all Workday communications-related events and meetings.
- Supporting training development as needed.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 3-5 years related work experience required in Experience in cross-functional and end-to-end marketing and employee communications, preferably within health care..
- Strong proficiency in analytical, organizational, project management, interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) and problem resolution.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
- BS/BA degree preferably in a business management, internal communications discipline, or equivalent training and education.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow general instructions and procedures as provided. Work is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally