CNI-Clinical Nurse Entry
At Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center our nurses make a difference each and every day. Here you will work in a collaborative environment where our patients come first. You are a patient advocate delivering compassionate care while ensuring safe nursing practices. We are Harvard with a heart and strive to build on our legacy of nursing excellence.
- Full Time
- Level: 1 + Years
- RN License
nurses at BIDMC, ensuring
every patient receives
of our nurses have a
or doctorate degree
dollars in scholarships awarded annually for
Health and Wellness Programs
$5 Red Sox Tickets
Department Description: JOIN OUR TEAM IN A NEW INPATIENT SURGERY AND INTERMEDIATE CARE SPACE!
Feldberg 8 Inpatient Surgery and Intermediate Care Unit is a fast paced 39 bed inpatient surgery unit with telemetry, featuring brand new private med/surg and intermediate care (step down) beds.
The unit serves as the primary unit for the post-operative care of patients undergoing Plastics and Reconstructive Surgery, Head and Neck Otolaryngology Surgery, Breast Surgery, and Colorectal surgery. We pride ourselves on providing excellent care to patients and their families while promoting an excellent work environment.
The new intermediate care space is focused on providing acute assessment and intervention for patients requiring frequent observation. A separate orientation to this higher level of care will be provided to those Nurses caring for Intermediate Care patients. Examples of assessments and interventions include frequent vital signs, frequent serial assessment, increased observation, as well as the administration of some medications that require frequent or increased monitoring.
We are seeking a dynamic patient-focused professional nurse who supports BIDMC's Nursing Mission: To build on a legacy of nursing excellence by caring with compassion, advancing the art & science of nursing, and advocating for the health of patients, families, and communities.
Job Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Req ID: 42923BR
Job Summary: The BIDMC Nursing Mission is to build on a legacy of nursing excellence by caring with compassion, advancing the art & science of nursing, and advocating for the health of patients, families, and communities. The Clinical Nurse I utilizes the nursing process as the frame of reference for practice as a professional registered nurse and provides direct patient care to patients and families. This is an entry-level nursing position for new graduate nurses. Training, evaluation and competencies for this role are overseen by a Nurse Leader to the department.
- Provides direct care to patients and makes necessary nursing judgments. Responsible for systematically assessing the health care needs of individuals or groups and for the formulation of a care plan, its implementation and evaluation. Demonstrates the ability for decision making by integrating theoretical knowledge with practical experience in caring for patients.
- Coordinates the care of patients and directs assistive personnel in order to provide safe, effective, efficient, equitable and timely, patient-centered care. Demonstrates initial awareness of environmental forces on health care of patients and their families. .
- Develops a collegial and collaborative relationship with other health professionals to determine healthcare needs of patients and families. Learns to develop relationships with patients and families that maintain and communicate trust and respect. Communicates effectively in the exchange of information. Begins to demonstrate the ability to act as a patient advocate
- Maintains annual mandatory education requirements, which include emergency skills and unit based competencies. Identifies needs for continued growth and development in conjunction with the unit based educator or clinical nurse specialist.
- Demonstrates a commitment to patients, staff, and to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center. The individual nursing practice reflects the goals of the Medical Center. Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for own nursing practice and patient safety
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing required.
- License Registered Nurse required., and Certificate 1 Basic Life Support required.
- 0-1 years related work experience required.
- American Heart Association - Basic Life Support Certificate
- Basic familiarity with computers. Ability to navigate at a basic level within web-based applications.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow precedents and procedures. May set priorities and organize work within general guidelines. Seeks assistance when confronted with difficult and/or unpredictable situations. Work progress is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Neonatal:Birth to 6 months, Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and or up to 20 pounds of force frequently. Job is physical in nature and employee needs to stand and/or move around through the majority of their shift.
BIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATIONVaccines
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. BILH requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement
Let me just give you a quick overview of why it's different here. You'll be heard, respected, valued. Your ideas will be sought, your input welcomed. There's a real commitment to keeping it collegial and collaborative.-Marsha M., RN, MS, Senior Vice President, Patient Care Services CNO