Department Description: BIDMC based member of the BILH Real Estate Department, supporting a wide range of BIDMC real estate management operations and projects.
Job Location: Boston, MA
Req ID: 41396BR
Job Summary: Coordinates the activities of the CLS maintenance personnel. Plans, schedules, supervises and reports on the operation, preventative maintenance, repair and installation of Capital Facilities and Engineering Infrastructure and Equipment throughout the BIDMC CLS Premises. Acts as a primary liaison between Capital Facilities and Engineering, its Contracted Service Providers and the BIDMC Tenant Community. Serves as project manager for construction and development projects related to Department of Real Estate and Transportation Programs. Provides support to the operational and financial aspects of a wide range of key real estate and transportation initiatives for BIDMC, APG, BID-Needham, BID-Milton and other BIDMC affiliates.
- Supervises and maintains cost control for the maintenance, repair and operation of all Infrastructure at BIDMC CLS Premises including air conditioning and refrigeration equipment, central units, chilled water systems and controls, refrigerators, freezers, environmental walk-in units, all electrical equipment systems assigned, water, natural gas, medical gas, vacuum, steam and plumbing systems.
- Supervises BIDMC or BIDMC Contracted CLS mechanics.
- Provides on call service 24 hours per day for operational and emergency situations and responds to the CLS Building and Medical Center for emergency conditions.
- Manages minor renovation projects working with BIDMC Facilities, Research and Academic Affairs and BIDMC affiliates.
- Contacts vendors, suppliers and contractors to receive quotes, make repairs, install new equipment, etc. Maintains adequate repair parts and supplies to handle normal and emergency repairs.
- Bachelor's degree required .
- 3-5 years related work experience required.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
- Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently to move objects. Some elements of the job are sedentary, but the employee will be required to stand for periods of time or move through out the hospital campus
BIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATIONVaccines
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. BILH requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement