Clinical Support Supervisor - Flow Cytometry
Department Description: Exciting opportunity to establish the operations of a recently constructed Flow Cytometry Laboratory, incorporating newly purchased 12 color flow cytometry instruments. Will work closely with the Hematopathology team to validate analyzers, establish workflow and develop testing protocols.
Must have previous experience with the validation of 12 color flow cytometry panels for leukemia/lymphoma, including minimal residual disease assays, and be comfortable working in an academic/teaching environment and participating in resident and fellow education as well the training of new technologists.
Job Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Req ID: 42282BR
Job Summary: Under direction of the Operations and Clinical Managers, a Clinical Supervisor provides leadership and oversight of specific areas of testing or support services.
- Maintains effective workflow and operations. Acts as an expert resource within an area of specialty.
- Drives Quality Improvement initiatives and seeks ways to improve performance and service.
- Recommends and prepares Standard Operating Procedures for designated area, and provides training in the area of expertise.
- Oversees scheduling and payroll. Maintains timely and effective communication and feedback to managers and employees.
- Performs and submits to Human Resources all performance assessment documentation on time so that employee morale is maintained at a high level.
- Provides training and leadership support to Team Leaders and Med Techs.
- Has the authority to direct and support employees daily work activities. Has the direct responsibility to undertake the following employment actions: hiring, termination, corrective action and performance reviews. Direct Reports: 4-6 Indirect Reports: None
- Assists in planning, monitoring and/or managing budget in functional area of department.
- Bachelor's degree in Medical Laboratory, Life Sciences, or Medical Technology required.
- Registration ASCP Registered preferred., or Certificate 1 Am. Board of HT and Immunogene required., or Certificate 2 NCA Certification required.
- 5-8 years related work experience required and 3-5 years supervisory/management experience required
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions with significant, broad implications for the management and operations of a major department or multiple departments. Participates in decisions on overall strategy and direction of the organization.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are broad, complex and abstract, often involving Medical Center-wide issues and requiring substantial creativity, resourcefulness, staff engagement, Lean diagnostic techniques, negotiation and diplomacy to develop solutions.
- Independence of Action: Ability to set direction and vision for major departments or multiple departments. Establishes priorities, develops policies and allocates resources.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate complex information in English effectively in writing to all levels of staff, management and external customers across functional areas.
- Oral Communications: Ability to verbally communicate complex concepts in English and address sensitive situations, resolve conflicts, negotiate, motivate and persuade others.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate broad and comprehensive knowledge of theories, concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex and/or unprecedented situations across multiple functional areas.
- Team Work: Ability to lead collaborative teams for larger projects or groups both internal and external to the Medical Center and across functional areas. Results have implications for the management and operations of multiple areas of the organization.
- Customer Service: Ability to lead operational initiatives to meet or exceed customer service standards and expectations in assigned unit(s) and/or across multiple areas in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and or up to 20 pounds of force frequently. Job is physical in nature and employee needs to stand and/or move around through the majority of their shift.
BIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATIONVaccines
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. BILH requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement
Your Saved Jobs
You have not saved any jobs yet.