Clinical Practice Assistant
Department Description: Seeking Full-Time coverage for Pain Management Center located at 1 Brookline Place, Brookline MA. 40-hours, Monday-Friday.
Job Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Req ID: 42973BR
Job Summary: Provides patient services including greeting, check-in, scheduling and medical assisting while delivering excellent service and contributing to the smooth flow of practice operations. Reports to the manager with input from assigned physicians, nurses or other health care providers.
- Communicates with and assists patients, other employees and the general public in a courteous, helpful manner by phone and in person. Provides accurate information, directions and/or guidance and follows up promptly to ensure that needs have been met.
- Takes complete and accurate information from patients/callers, prioritizes information and facilitates communication of information to providers. Prepares schedules, patient charts and other documents as needed in accordance with quality standards. Maintains patient confidentiality at all times, whether by phone, discussion with providers or distribution of patient information by e-mail, fax, etc.
- Performs check-in, registration, and verification of demographic and fiscal information utilizing a computer system.
Enters data from visit tickets and ensures that information is complete, accurate and timely to facilitate the billing process.
- Collects copayments following standards for managing copayment processes. Directs patients at time of check in.
- Schedules related diagnostic and lab tests making every reasonable effort to accommodate patient and provider needs. Inputs patient insurance and managed care plans, including prior authorizations, referrals, and pre-certifications. Explains processes as needed to help patients meet their needs and insurance requirements.
- Verifies patient schedule to assure patient was seen and enters billing tickets into system.
- High School diploma or GED required. Associate's degree preferred in no medical assisting certificate required
- Certificate 1 preferred: Medical Assistant Certificate,Certificate 2 preferred: Phlebotomy Certificate
- 1-3 years related work experience required.
- Basic familiarity with computers. Ability to navigate at a basic level within web-based applications.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Heavy work: Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally and/or 50 pounds of force frequently. Work is physically demanding and requires extended periods of standing and/or moving.
BIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATIONVaccines
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. BILH requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement