Clinical Case Consultant - Per Diem
Department Description: Opportunity to provide high level clinical consultation to social work staff a large vibrant social work team in a teaching hospital.
Job Location: Boston, MA
Req ID: 40758BR
Job Summary: Senior clinician provides advanced clinical consultation to Social Work staff that focus on diagnostic assessment; management of complex treatment dilemmas and strategies to promote safe and effective psychosocial interventions. Offers case consultation individually or in groups, depending on the needs of the Department. Number of hours varies, based on the needs of the Social Work Department
- Consults to clinical staff around complex cases.
- Offers recommendations about effective treatment strategies.
- Educates staff about new treatment techniques and approaches.
- Advises Social Work department management about staff educational needs.
- Advises SW management about potential risk management issues related to clinical care and treatment.
- Master's degree in Social Work, Psychiatry,Psychology required.
- License Lic Clinical Social Worker required., or Registration Lic Indep Clinical Social Work required.
- 8-10 years related work experience required.
- MA license to practice as LICSW or LMHC.
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
- Previous supervisory experience.
- Previous experience in health and mental health.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are highly varied, complex and often non-recurring, requiring staff input, innovative, creative, and Lean diagnostic techniques to resolve issues.
- Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and determines how to accomplish defined results with some guidelines. Manager/Director provides broad guidance and overall direction.
- Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to interact respectfully with other employees, professional staff and/or external contacts to offer ideas, identify issues, obtain information or deliver services.
- Customer Service: Ability to demonstrate a positive attitude and respond to requests in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
BIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATIONVaccines
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. BILH requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement
Your Saved Jobs
You have not saved any jobs yet.