Certified Technician - ENT
Department Description: The Otolaryngology division is comprised of 3 faculty physicians, soon to be 6 faculty, 3 advanced practice providers and 3 audiologists. The division is fast paced where a variety of procedures are performed most requiring high level disinfection.
Job Location: Boston, MA
Req ID: 30544BR
Job Summary: Carries out high level disinfection protocols for equipment and supplies.. Maintains equipment in proper working order and manages inventory of supplies for daily operations. Conducts quality assurance measures and maintains QA documentation. Assists clinical and nursing staff in selected tasks to support functions of the unit. Ensures instruments and equipment are transported to Central Processing Department (CPD) and back as required. Leads and oversees additional tasks as needed.
- Reprocesses and disinfects equipment and supplies per protocol.
- Conducts quality assurance measures and maintains QA documentation.
- Monitors equipment and suppliesas needed. Transports equipment and supplies to and from CPD throughout the day.
- Maintains working knowledge of department and industry standards for equipment, processes and protocols.
- Addresses damange/repair of instrumentation upon arrival into decontamination area and reports activities to supervisor/manager.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- License Certified Reg Cen Serv Tech required., or Registration Cert Sterile Proc required.
- 1-3 years related work experience required.
- Attention to detail.
- Must be able to function in a fast pace environment.
- Basic familiarity with computers. Ability to navigate at a basic level within web-based applications.
- Knowledge of hospital, infection control and medical terminology.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are based on specific instructions, standard practices and established procedures which generally require little or no supervision.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are routine, somewhat repetitive and generally solved by following clear directions and procedures and by identifying opportunities for process improvements.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow general instructions and procedures as provided. Work is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
- Customer Service: Ability to demonstrate a positive attitude and respond to requests in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Heavy work: Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally and/or 50 pounds of force frequently. Work is physically demanding and requires extended periods of standing and/or moving.