Call Center Manager
Department Description: Seeking a Digestive Disease Call Center manager to support the in bound call center operation.
Job Location: Boston, MA
Req ID: 33604BR
Job Summary: Coordinates and manages day-to-day operations of an intake coordination center with commitment to providing the highest quality of service to patients, providers and others. Services include a scheduling call center, provider capacity monitoring, care coordination, and insurance processing. Collaborates with Practice Directors and Managers to ensure patients have access to care through schedule management and maintenance. Achieves and maintains the highest quality of service and systems for scheduling, documentation collection, referral management, and processing insurance requirements. Responsibilities include staff management, systems design, development and implementation, development and analyses of access, and productivity metrics.
- Works collaboratively with Administrative Directors, Medical Leadership and Practice Management teams on development, assessment and maintenance of the call center, scheduling, and referral management systems. Provides feedback regarding improvements and changes for standard effective systems and services.
- Manages Patient Service Representatives, Care Coordinators, and Insurance Referral Staff. Assesses staffing needs and ensures that staff are providing the highest quality of customer service while effectively and efficiently meeting work standards. Reviews patient recorded calls for quality assurance and training purposes. Develops detailed training manuals to onboard new staff.
- Works collaboratively with Administrative Directors, Medical Leadership, Practice Management teams and the Ambulatory Systems team to develop schedule templates to maximize provider capacity and enables schedulers to successfully find optimal appointments for patients.
- Develops written, standardized protocols for intake and triage of patient care that maximizes administrative staff performance and minimizes the need for clinical review/ triage. Understands typical demand and optimal panel size to assess adjustment needs.
- Collects, analyzes, and reports appointment access data. Manages provider capacity, vacation and leave to ensure capacity is maximized. Develops metrics for proactive management of provider availability. Prepares special non-recurring reports by combining confidential data from several sources to better understand variance in metrics.
- Has the authority to direct and support employees daily work activities. Has the direct responsibility to undertake the following employment actions: hiring, termination, corrective action and performance reviews. Direct Reports: More than 7 Indirect Reports: 11-20
- Has full responsibility for planning, monitoring and managing department budget.
- Associate's degree required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 5-8 years related work experience required and 1-3 years supervisory/management experience required
- Demonstrates a strong desire for process improvement and leadership development.
- Ability to respond quickly and purposefully to routine and unusual situations.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by precedents, policies and objectives. Regularly makes decisions and recommendations on issues affecting a department or functional area.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are highly varied, complex and often non-recurring, requiring staff input, innovative, creative, and Lean diagnostic techniques to resolve issues.
- Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and priorities for functional area. May make recommendations for department policies, practices and programs. Manager or Director provides broad guidance and overall direction.
- Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally