Business Intelligence Developer
Department Description: Position is located at 1135 Tremont St.
Job Location: Boston, MA
Req ID: 29276BR
Job Summary: Innovate, design, develop and maintain business intelligence, machine learning, deep learning and analytics solutions to turn data into insights. Develop and maintain data warehouses, data marts, data models and create enterprise-wide Business Intelligence solutions, while ensuring data security and data availability.
- Design, develop and implement analytics projects to support BIDMC operations and drive insights.
- Design, develop and support data models and data warehousing projects.
- Design, develop and optimize ETL/ELT data transformations to import and export data from operational systems, vendor applications and data warehouses.
- BI Platform Administration, Architecture, Advanced Report and Dashboard Development.
- Translate business needs into technical specifications.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 1-3 years related work experience required.
- Experience designing, developing and deploying data warehouses and dimensional modeling, and optimization for performance efficiency; Strong experience designing ETL processes, performing data updates, indexing, and database maintenance.
- Experience in Data Warehousing Technologies (MS SQL Server, MS SQL Analysis Services & Amazon Redshift).
- Strong experience in report writing, analytics, visualizations, dashboard creation, and mobile BI development using Microsoft Power BI and SSRS.
- Advanced technical computer skills as required for technical support specific to functional area and related systems.
- Experience managing multiple relational database systems (e.g. MySQL, SQL Server, PostgreSQL); Experience with Deep Learning and Machine Learning technologies; Experience with GraphDB.
- Working knowledge in Big Data and Data Lake; Working knowledge of scripting language (e.g. PowerShell, Python, R); Working Knowledge of Cloud Services (Amazon, Google, Microsoft).
- Experience in programming with data analysis software, including Python or R.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by precedents, policies and objectives. Regularly makes decisions and recommendations on issues affecting a department or functional area.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
- Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and determines how to accomplish defined results with some guidelines. Manager/Director provides broad guidance and overall direction.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
Your Saved Jobs
You have not saved any jobs yet.