Business Intelligence Developer
Department Description: Position is located at 1135 Tremont St.
Job Location: Boston, MA
Req ID: 28874BR
Job Summary: Innovate, design, develop and maintain business intelligence, machine learning, deep learning and analytics solutions to turn data into insights. Develop and maintain data warehouses, data marts, data models and create enterprise-wide Business Intelligence solutions, while ensuring data security and data availability.
- Design, develop and implement Machine Learning and Deep Learning solutions for better operational and clinical outcomes for the hospital.
- Design, develop and implement analytics projects to support BIDMC operations and drive insights.
- Design, implement and support data models and data warehousing projects.
- BI Platform Administration, Architecture, Advanced Report and Dashboard Development.
- Design, develop and optimize ETL/ELT data transformations to import and export data from operational systems, vendor applications and data warehouses.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 1-3 years related work experience required.
- Experience designing, developing and deploying data warehouses and dimensional modeling, and optimization for performance efficiency; Strong experience designing ETL processes, performing data updates, indexing, and database maintenance.
- Experience in Data Warehousing Technologies (e.g. Amazon Redshift, Presto, Hive, Spark).
- Strong experience in report writing, analytics, visualizations, dashboard creation, and mobile BI development.
- Advanced technical computer skills as required for technical support specific to functional area and related systems.
- Experience managing multiple relational database systems (e.g. Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server, PostgreSQL); Experience with Deep Learning and Machine Learning technologies; Experience with GraphDB.
- Working knowledge in Big Data and Data Lake; Working knowledge of scripting language (e.g. PowerShell, Python, R); Working Knowledge of Cloud Services (Amazon, Google, Microsoft).
- Experience in programming with data analysis software, including Python or R.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by precedents, policies and objectives. Regularly makes decisions and recommendations on issues affecting a department or functional area.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
- Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and determines how to accomplish defined results with some guidelines. Manager/Director provides broad guidance and overall direction.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally