Business Intelligence Architect
Department Description: Seeking BI Architect for Beth Israel Lahey Health (BILH).
Information Technology (IT) has undertaken a multi-year effort to harmonize IT systems across Beth Israel Lahey Health. IT staff members may have the opportunity to participate in special projects that span Beth Israel Lahey Health as part of this harmonization effort. This position may be assigned to work on special projects, and other job duties, as needed.
Job Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Req ID: 45623BR
Job Summary: The Business Intelligence Architect is a member of BILH's Enterprise Data and Analytics team. This role uses HealthCare Domain knowledge to assist and work closely with the leadership Team in designing, architecting and developing Business Intelligence solutions catering to the current landscape across different EPIC and non-EPIC hospitals and bringing the Business Intelligence solutions together to serve the Enterprise.
BI Architect manages both EPIC and non-EPIC report developers and Business Intelligence technologists and interfaces with business teams and other Technologists to develop the right solutions for the business that are flexible and scalable.
He / She must be a self-driven individual who can work with Analytics Business Partners, Data Architects, Technology leads, Developers and stakeholders across the health system and mentor other data analysts, Data Engineers, Report writers on Analytics and Reporting in the team. The individual in this role must bring a strong combination of Business, Architecture, and Technology acumen and be able to provide solutions that balance the unique needs of both the business and technology
- Responsible for the Architecture and design for EPIC Analytics Framework ' Reporting workbench, Slicer Dicer etc. and Business Intelligence systems using Power BI.
- Responsible for managing a team of senior report developers and Analytics developers both on the EPIC clinical and non-clinical side and the Teams using BI Reporting tools like Power BI.
- Working closely with Data Engineering Team to define the requirements for Data Migration and data warehousing for scalable report development. Uses a hands-on approach to provide solutions and will follow standard project lifecycle and development methodologies.
- Has Exposure to IoT data sets, NoSQL data bases and Data Services using API's. Extensive knowledge of state-of-the-art Analytics technology frameworks, and good understanding of setting up Cloud and On-Prem reporting ecosystems.
- Develop best practices and routines to ensure for the data accuracy and integrity. Monitor and manage existing reporting inventory to enhance reusability and gaining economies of scale.
- Good understanding on the Administration and functioning of Analytics and Reporting tools. Design EPIC Analytics Framework and add enhancements to the existing RWB and EPIC reports as business demands.
- Work collaboratively with different teams to smoothly slide the project from various environments to production. Expertise in creating Analytics Frameworks on Cloud Platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP) using Tools like Power BI, Tableau etc.
- Effectively analyze, troubleshoots issues, defects encountered in applications and follow-up with vendor support team on product defects.
- Perform reports evaluation, data profiling, and identification of potential problem areas and make the appropriate recommendations.
- Work on Analysis of requirements and design solutions to meet the business requirements. Provide design proposals following best practices considering data, business and service layers for all system changes such as defects, business impacts, work prioritization and estimation.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- More than 10 years related work experience required in 12+ years of related work experience in Business Intelligence and Analytics Frameworks. A minimum of 5 years of experience in EPIC Analytics products..
- Extensive experience in EPIC Analytics solutions (Caboodle, RWB, Slicer Dicer) and BI systems using Power BI / Tableau etc.
- Good working experiences on Health care standards like HL7, CCD and FHIR, and Coding systems (like ICD, CPT etc.)
- Advanced technical computer skills as required for technical support specific to functional area and related systems.
- Experience in Advanced Analytics, Data Science/ML is a plus.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by precedents, policies and objectives. Regularly makes decisions and recommendations on issues affecting a department or functional area.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are highly varied, complex and often non-recurring, requiring staff input, innovative, creative, and Lean diagnostic techniques to resolve issues.
- Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and determines how to accomplish defined results with some guidelines. Manager/Director provides broad guidance and overall direction.
- Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to lead collaborative teams for larger projects or groups both internal and external to the Medical Center and across functional areas. Results have implications for the management and operations of multiple areas of the organization.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
BIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATIONVaccines
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. BILH requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment.