Department Description: This role is providing support on the Beth Israel Lahey Health Financial team.
Job Location: Boston, MA
Req ID: 37464BR
Job Summary: The Budget Manager for BILH reports directly the BILH CFO. Responsible for the full range of budget functions: variance analysis and reporting, budget preparation and various special projects.
- Work directly with BILH Parent Sr. Management Team to develop and maintain their departmental annual operating expense budgets.
- Work with the BILH CFO to develop and maintain the BILH Corporate Allocation to the business units (Annual Assessment).
- Performs analysis of variances to budget with responsibility for coordinating the resolution of issues, work with departments to identify causes, and reporting to the CFO potential impacts on operating results.
- Develop and maintain a Position Control system to monitor the cost of labor within the BILH Parent Corp. Work with Vice Presidents to understand and resolve any discrepancies.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting required.
- 8-10 years related work experience required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of complex financial systems.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow precedents and procedures. May set priorities and organize work within general guidelines. Seeks assistance when confronted with difficult and/or unpredictable situations. Work progress is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally