Budget Analyst - Senior
Department Description: The BIDMC Budget Office takes pride in supporting Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center by providing financial analysis, budget guidance and training to the dedicated managers and directors who oversee the Patient First mission of the organization.
Members of the budget team are highly visible, customer service oriented financial professionals who are committed to providing outstanding support to the organization
Job Location: Boston, MA
Req ID: 41503BR
Job Summary: This position is responsible for the full range of budget functions: variance analysis, budget preparation and various special projects.
- Performs analysis of variances to budget with responsibility for coordinating the resolution of system issues, working with departments to identify causes, and reporting to senior management potential impacts on operating results.
- Develops and maintains a Position Control system to control the cost of labor. Works with managers to resolve discrepancies and reports problems to senior management.
- Assists management in the development of systems and procedures to improve financial reporting.
- Performs financial analysis for hospital and physician relationships. Monitors monthly payments to physician corporations. Performs analysis for hospital fringe benefit budget and monthly review of benefit costs.
- Trains junior staff in all budget functions and any special projects which may arise. Prepares junior staff for advancement and assists management in evaluation of junior staff. Cultivates and maintains productive working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- 5-8 years related work experience required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of complex financial systems.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by precedents, policies and objectives. Regularly makes decisions and recommendations on issues affecting a department or functional area.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are highly varied, complex and often non-recurring, requiring staff input, innovative, creative, and Lean diagnostic techniques to resolve issues.
- Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and determines how to accomplish defined results with some guidelines. Manager/Director provides broad guidance and overall direction.
- Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
BIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATIONVaccines
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. BILH requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement