Breast Imaging Tech II - Bonus Eligible!!
Department Description: Schedule: Full Time. 40 hrs. Flexible scheduling available
$5,000 (Full Time) Sign on Bonus Eligible! (Current BILH candidates- restrictions apply). Bonuses are paid out within 30 days of employment and are subject to applicable taxes.
Fast paced, dynamic full-service Breast Imaging Center, performs Digital Breast Tomosynthesis screening, diagnostic mammography and breast procedures as assigned. Involves extensive interaction with staff, patients, and referring clinicians.
Job Location: Boston, MA
Req ID: 38961BR
Job Summary: In a dynamic Diagnostic and Screening Breast Imaging Center, performs digital screening, diagnostic mammography and breast procedures as assigned. Involves extensive interaction with staff, patients, and referring clinicians.
- Follows departmental guidelines and protocols in performance of digital screening and diagnostic mammography to include mammography guided needle localizations. Adheres to State and Federal regulations with regard to radiation safety. Maintains and complete records relative to the examination performed.
- Collaborates with other staff to respond to changes in operational flow that effects patient care by adapting own pace and schedule. Communicates with patients and physicians to expedite patients through the department, including accommodating patients who present with acute clinical indications.
- Monitors equipment performance and performs preventative maintenance as required. Advises supervisor or clinical manager of observed equipment malfunction or imaging accessories needing repair or removal from service.
- Mentors any student radiographer/ on boarding mammography technologists assigned to them and evaluates progress through established forms of documentation. In absence of supervisor is responsible for making decisions based on established protocols that would ensure continuity of patient care while in the Breast Imaging department.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Registration American Registry of Rad Tech required., and Certificate 1 RT ART required., and Certificate 2 Basic Life Support required.
- 1-3 years related work experience required.
- New hires will have 30 days to provide BLS certification. Certification has to be with the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing task and demands and to seek supervisory/managerial assistance as appropriate.
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by precedents, policies and objectives. Regularly makes decisions and recommendations on issues affecting a department or functional area.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are highly varied, complex and often non-recurring, requiring staff input, innovative, creative, and Lean diagnostic techniques to resolve issues.
- Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and determines how to accomplish defined results with some guidelines. Manager/Director provides broad guidance and overall direction.
- Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently to move objects. Some elements of the job are sedentary, but the employee will be required to stand for periods of time or move through out the hospital campus
BIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATIONVaccines
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. BILH requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement