Breast Imaging Coordinator
Department Description: Breast Imaging Coordinator is an intrgal member of the team working in a fast paced high vlolume full service Breast Imaging center.
Acts as a liaison between internal and external customers. Facilitates the development of the schedulers by utilizing broad based knowledge and expertise to mentor, coach and educate staff to achieve and maintain a high level of accuracy in the scheduling process for Breast Imaging studies. Coordinates the scheduling process for additional diagnostic imaging needs of patients post Screening Mammography. Collaborates with the clinicians throughout the scheduling process, responding to requests and providing accurate information in a timely manner. Monitors and participates in tracking of breast biopsy outcomes.
Job Location: Boston, MA
Req ID: 32145BR
Job Summary: Reporting directly to the Breast Imaging Manager, coordinates callbacks, manages procedure scheduling and works closely with the Operating Room Schedulers and the Radiology Scheduling department. Performs regulatory compliance data entry.
- Acts as a liaison for Breast Imaging department between internal and external customers.
- Facilitates the development of the schedulers by utilizing broad based knowledge and expertise to mentor, coach and educate staff to achieve and maintain a high level of accuracy in the scheduling process for Breast Imaging studies.
- Coordinates the scheduling process for additional diagnostic imaging needs of patients post Screening Mammography.
- Collaborates with the clinicians throughout the scheduling process, responding to requests and providing accurate information in a timely manner.
- Monitors and participates in tracking of breast biopsy outcomes.
- Associate's degree required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Certificate 1 Basic Life Support required.
- 1-3 years related work experience required.
- New hires will have 30 days to provide BLS certification. Certification has to be with the American Heart Association (AHA).
- In-depth knowledge of mammography and breast care. Strong interpersonal skills and telephone etiquette. Use of sound judgment with ability to work and make decisions in a fast paced environment.
- Demonstrates understanding of all necessary data elements for an order. Demonstrates the ability to share knowledge with his/her colleagues and referring physicians so that department receives all pertinent information in a timely manner
- Basic familiarity with computers. Ability to navigate at a basic level within web-based applications.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are based on specific instructions, standard practices and established procedures which generally require little or no supervision.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow precedents and procedures. May set priorities and organize work within general guidelines. Seeks assistance when confronted with difficult and/or unpredictable situations. Work progress is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently to move objects. Some elements of the job are sedentary, but the employee will be required to stand for periods of time or move through out the hospital campus