Department Description: Research-Gastro (Lembo)
Job Location: Boston, MA
Req ID: 41371BR
Job Summary: Carries out selected data management and analysis activites for a variety of projects in support of the Department and/or Division.
- Assists in the design, development and maintenance of data collection instruments, databases and procedure manuals. Designs, implements, and performs data management and quality control procedures as
necessary for routine and special projects
- Writes computer programs to combine data from separate computer files to allow comparison of data from different sources. Support the creation applications in support of research projects.
- Collaborates with program staff on the design and analysis of biostatistics aspects of research protocols. Participates in the design of questionnaires and interview forms.
- Analyzes data beginning with univariate and multivariate analyses such as logistic regression and factor analysis for research studies. Supports the interpretation and assist in the creation of study results in collaboration with faculty members, epidemiologists, biostatisticians and other team members.
- Provides tabular and graphic summaries of analyses in a form suitable for inclusion in
manuscripts for publication in peer reviewed scientific journals as well as for presentation at scientific meetings
- Master's degree in Public Health, Epidemiology, Statistics, Biostatistics or related field required.
- 3-5 years related work experience required.
- Demonstrated ability to work with software programs including SAS, Access, Powerpoint, Epi Info and Excel
- Ability to conduct and interpret multivariable regression analysis
- Documented ablity to manipulate complex, large databases including Medicare and other insurance claims data.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are highly varied, complex and often non-recurring, requiring staff input, innovative, creative, and Lean diagnostic techniques to resolve issues.
- Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and determines how to accomplish defined results with some guidelines. Manager/Director provides broad guidance and overall direction.
- Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
BIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATIONVaccines
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. BILH requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement