Applications Systems Analyst I
Department Description: The Application Systems Analyst I will be supporting the Anesthesia IT department.
Job Location: Boston, MA
Req ID: 38108BR
Job Summary: Participates in activities related to system implementation and provides ongoing application support.
Department Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Key player in the development, customization, training, implementation, management and maintenance of the department's clinical systems including the Anesthesia Information Management System (AIMS) at BIDMC and community sites.
- Responsible for managing the resolution of AIMS functional/user/configuration-related issues with system vendor.
- Plays an active role in the development of workflows, system configuration, change management processes and documentation and support of staff on application functionality.
- Responsible for developing, coordinating and executing comprehensive systems test plans.
- Must be comfortable with providing technical assistance both remotely and in person to end users as part of Anesthesia IT team.
- Participates in implementation of applications in conjunction with others to meet the unique requirements of the department and/or institution.
- Partners with team members to assess and document current state workflows and to design future state workflow. Participates in team meetings, trainings, and related project activities, including meeting preparation and other project documentation.
- Participates in testing system functionality, including interfaces, reports and queries, through appropriate phases ' unit, integrated, parallel, pilot and production.
- Provides training to designated trainers and end users. Assists in the preparation of training materials.
- Participates in application go-live activities including staffing, training, and troubleshooting.
- Provides system support during normal business hours. May be required to provide 24/7 on-call coverage on a rotating basis. Troubleshoots issues, resolves or escalates as appropriate, maintains issues log and resolution documentation.
- Contributes to the development of policies and procedures for specific departmental responsibilities.
- Ensures that reasonable and appropriate administrative, physical, and technical safeguards are in place to protect and maintain the confidentiality and integrity of the data and to meet HIPAA ePHI requirements.
- May be expected to assist in meeting preparation and documentation.
- High School diploma or GED required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 1-3 years related work experience required.
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are based on specific instructions, standard practices and established procedures which generally require little or no supervision.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are routine, somewhat repetitive and generally solved by following clear directions and procedures and by identifying opportunities for process improvements.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow precedents and procedures. May set priorities and organize work within general guidelines. Seeks assistance when confronted with difficult and/or unpredictable situations. Work progress is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally