Applications Systems Analyst - Ambulatory Department
Department Description: Working on the Ambulatory Systems Team, this position will be supporting the BIDMC Patient Portal (PatientSite). The analyst will provide application support to patients, clinicians, and staff over email and over the phone. In addition, the analyst will provide support for application enhancements and other project work for the patient portal.
Job Location: Boston, MA
Req ID: 29661BR
Job Summary: Participates in activities related to system implementation and provides ongoing application support.
- Participates in implementation of applications in conjunction with others to meet the unique requirements of the department and/or institution.
- Partners with team members to assess and document current state workflows and to design future state workflow. Participates in team meetings, trainings, and related project activities, including meeting preparation and other project documentation.
- Participates in testing system functionality, including interfaces, reports and queries, through appropriate phases ¿ unit, integrated, parallel, pilot and production.
- Provides training to designated trainers and end users. Assists in the preparation of training materials.
- Participates in application go-live activities including staffing, training, and troubleshooting.
- High School diploma or GED required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 1-3 years related work experience required.
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
Your Saved Jobs
You have not saved any jobs yet.