Application Developer II - Anesthesia
Department Description: The Application Developer II position will support the Department of Anesthesia.
This is a per diem opportunity.
Job Location: Boston, MA
Req ID: 29092BR
Job Summary: Designs, develops, debugs, tests, and implements mid-size to large clinical applications and apply superior technical skills while working independently on development projects.
Department Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Architects, builds, and maintains efficient, reusable, and reliable code using AngularJS for the support and enhancement of new and existing departmental applications.
- Breaks down complex systems into smaller components and mentors team of software engineers to design and develop these components using new technology.
- Provides ongoing project status updates and feedback to lead application developer/architect. Takes ownership of assigned project and delegates tasks as necessary.
- Provides quality customer service and support for the suite of BIDMC clinical applications.
- Functions both as an individual contributor and team player within IS and the hospital community at large. In particular, participates in multidisciplinary project teams.
- Collaborates with IS and other Medical Center staff to analyze current state, define requirements, re-engineer processes and estimate timelines in conjunction with IS management.
- Demonstrates good judgment in escalation of issues in addition to providing ongoing project status updates and feedback to managers. Takes ownership of issues escalated by others.
- Designs (both data structures and routines), develops (in assigned programming language), debugs, tests, and implements medium to large clinical systems built to address customer needs.
- High School diploma or GED required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 5-8 years related work experience required.
- Write efficient and clear programming code and create data structures in assigned programming language for development, support, and enhancement of applications.
- Experience in clinical systems development in a healthcare environment.
- Complete grasp of the workings of the medical center environment and juggle the resulting often conflicting requests in order to meet project goals.
- Advanced technical computer skills as required for technical support specific to functional area and related systems.
- Experience with .NET and AngularJS
- Proficient in designing, building and maintaining data structures using Microsoft SQL Server. Solid
understanding of RDBMS and normalization processes.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by precedents, policies and objectives. Regularly makes decisions and recommendations on issues affecting a department or functional area.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are highly varied, complex and often non-recurring, requiring staff input, innovative, creative, and Lean diagnostic techniques to resolve issues.
- Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and determines how to accomplish defined results with some guidelines. Manager/Director provides broad guidance and overall direction.
- Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
Your Saved Jobs
You have not saved any jobs yet.