Department Description: The Department of Anesthesia, Critical Care and Pain Medicine at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center is an international leader in the advancement of anesthesiology focused on state-of-the-art clinical care, innovative research and exceptional anesthesia education. Physician experts specializing across 12 divisions use innovative technologies, such as 3-D imaging and guided ultrasound, to provide minimally-invasive, safe care and the most successful outcomes.
Job Location: Boston, MA
Req ID: 29733BR
Job Summary: Performs a variety of duties related to the use and maintenance of anesthesia equipment and supplies.
- Assembles, tests, disassembles and cleans anesthesia equipment used during surgical procedures. Ensures there are no leaks and/or broken parts. Replaces soiled parts.
- Stocks anesthesia drug and supply carts. This includes workrooms, tanks room, pump room, and other areas.
- Receives sterile items from the Central Processing Department and store as appropriate.
- Reports any problems to the Lead Anesthesia Technician or Supervisor, Anesthesia Technical Services.
- May be present during a surgical procedure or remain on call outside the room to obtain equipment and supplies.
- High School diploma or GED required .
- 0-1 years related work experience required.
- Basic familiarity with computers. Ability to navigate at a basic level within web-based applications.
- Written Communications:Ability to read, and write in English in order to understand basic safety instructions and take direction from supervisors; communicate effectively with patients, families and other medical center staff; and respond to basic questions.
- Oral Communications:Ability to understand spoken English in order to follow basic safety instructions and take direction from supervisors; communicate effectively in basic English with patients, families and medical center staff in response to routine questions.
- Knowledge:Ability to demonstrate basic knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices and procedures with the ability to use them in routine situations. Specialized knowledge not required.
- Team Work:Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
- Customer Service:Ability to demonstrate a positive attitude and respond to requests in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and or up to 20 pounds of force frequently. Job is physical in nature and employee needs to stand and/or move around through the majority of their shift.