Administrative Operations Manager - Pulmonary
Department Description: The Administrative Manager of Operations for the Pulmonary Department will manage the daily administrative and financial operations and support staff.
Job Location: Boston, MA
Req ID: 37686BR
Job Summary: Works collaboratively with the Administrative Director and manages the daily administrative and financial operations and support staff for the division or department. This position involves extensive interaction with employees, medical staff, other Medical Center personnel, vendors and external contacts.
- Serves as a principal resource on administrative, operational and financial matters; develops, implements and monitors budgets and authorizes expenditures. Act as a resource regarding Medical Center and departmental policies and procedures.
- Manages support staff. Oversees work schedules, assignments and training to meet operational needs. Develops cross-training among staff to ensure efficiency of operations. Reviews operational systems, identifies areas of improvement and implements changes as needed.
- Implements and maintains systems and processes that measure work activity and improvement such as volume, productivity measures, revenue and other indicators. Prepares and analyzes reports for leadership. Provides informed forecasts of volume, revenue generation or expense and resource needs.
- Participates in the planning and implementation of department or division goals, objectives, programs, personnel, resources and equipment. Implements and manages administrative and financial processes for the designated areas to assure uniform and effective operations.
- Coordinates the recruitment process of faculty and staff. Participates in confidential salary planning. Oversees process and documentation for appropriate certifications, licensing and credentialing.
- Has the authority to direct and support employees daily work activities. Has the direct responsibility to undertake the following employment actions: hiring, termination, corrective action and performance reviews. Direct Reports: More than 7 Indirect Reports: 1-5
- Has full responsibility for planning, monitoring and managing department budget.
- Bachelor's degree required .
- 5-8 years related work experience required and 1-3 years supervisory/management experience required
- Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate complex information in English effectively in writing to all levels of staff, management and external customers across functional areas.
- Oral Communications: Ability to verbally communicate complex concepts in English and address sensitive situations, resolve conflicts, negotiate, motivate and persuade others.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
- Customer Service: Ability to lead operational initiatives to meet or exceed customer service standards and expectations in assigned unit(s) and/or across multiple areas in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
Your Saved Jobs
You have not saved any jobs yet.