Department Description: PCS Professional Development.
Job Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Req ID: 42921BR
Job Summary: Provides a wide variety of secretarial and administrative responsibilities in support of directors or other leadership positions of a division or department. Performs various administrative functions to support operations, resolve problems and answer detailed questions, requiring in-depth knowledge of departmental programs, operations and services and hospital policies and procedures. Involves extensive interaction with diverse populations including the public and visitors, patients and families, medical practitioners and medical center staff.
Department Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Support chairs of Nursing Leadership Council, Nurse Specialist Council and Ambulatory Nurse Leadership Council
- Support Nursing Leadership Council, Nurse Specialist Council and Ambulatory Nurse Leadership Council with Special Projects.
- Support Nursing Directors, including the following: (1) Onboarding of new staff and (2) Professional Development competencies & compliance
- Answers telephones, schedules appointments and maintains calendars, organizes conference calls, makes travel arrangements as needed and prepares for meetings with large numbers of participants.
- Provides support to committees by planning, scheduling and organizing meetings and location, preparing the agenda and related materials, taking and distributing minutes.
- Assists in planning and coordinating programs, seminars and events for the department or division. Orders supplies and services and performs other related duties as assigned.
- Maintains department's or division's files and databases. Compiles periodic and ad hoc reports using data and information from multiple sources . Prepares complex documents and reports with graphics, detailed charts, graphs and stylized formatting for presentations.
- Composes and edits correspondence, reports and documents for final approval. Types and edits manuscripts and/or other documents which may include scientific, technical or specialized terminology and specialized formatting.
- Acts as a department resource to others for information and training.
- High School diploma or GED required. Associate's degree preferred.
- 3-5 years related work experience required.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow precedents and procedures. May set priorities and organize work within general guidelines. Seeks assistance when confronted with difficult and/or unpredictable situations. Work progress is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
BIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATIONVaccines
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. BILH requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment.