Administrative Assistant III Clinical Practice
Department Description: We are seeking a full time Administrative Assistant III (Clinical Practice) to support the OB/GYN Department.The Administrative Assistant III will manage a high volume of calls which requires multi-tasking and detail orientation, and outstanding verbal and written communication skills. A positive, team-oriented attitude and strong focus in customer service is a must.
The Division of Gynecologic Oncology (Gyn-Onc) in the Department of OB/GYN at BIDMC is looking for a well-spoken, compassionate, positive individual to fill an essential role on our team. Gyn-Onc provides surgical care to patients with known or suspected gynecologic cancer. The AA3 is an essential part of the care team serving as the primary point of contact for our patients. Key responsibilities include booking appointments, taking accurate clinical messages, coordinating care including imaging with other offices or sites, effectively managing clinical schedules, obtaining authorizations or referrals, and other administrative responsibilities.
The Division of Gyn-Onc works as a closely knit team to provide patients with the best possible care. Candidates must value serving as part of a team and be willing to learn about and participate in the care of patients with cancer.
Job Location: Boston, MA
Req ID: 30385BR
Job Summary: Provides administrative support to physicians in their clinical, academic, research and leadership roles.
- Answers and screens telephone calls . Takes accurate messages or directs call to appropriate person. Greets and directs patients, families, visitors and staff. Responds to requests in a timely manner and provides clear, accurate information within scope of knowledge and authority.
- Updates patient demographic and insurance information as necessary and obtains specialist referrals for all patient appointments. Schedules patient appointments utilizing scheduling tools and resources. Coordinates and communicates ancillary appointments and procedures working with other hospital staff as needed.
- Obtains patient information and materials as needed from referral sources. Prepares patient records for clinical activities and maintains patient records for physicians. Acts as liaison with other departments and external customers in a calm and supportive manner. Handles confidential information appropriately and explains policies and procedures when necessary.
- Maintains physician's administrative and clinical calendars. Types correspondence, manuscripts and documents that may require complex formatting. Composes routine correspondence. Transcribes letters and patient notes as needed for physicians and/or facilitates notes and letters in CCC system. Composes routine correspondence. Prepares and distributes materials for meetings and committees.
- Actively assists and supports licensed practitioners by queuing prescriptions for renewal and performing the initial review of medication listings for accuracy in the electronic medical record (Web OMR).
- High School diploma or GED required. Associate's degree preferred.
- 3-5 years related work experience required.
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
Your Saved Jobs
You have not saved any jobs yet.