Accounts Payable Specialist
Department Description: The AP Specialist role is based in Boston, MA.
Job Location: Boston, MA
Req ID: 36210BR
Job Summary: Under the direction of the Accounts Payable Manager and in accordance with the established hospital policies and procedures, the Accounts Payable (AP) Specialist performs a variety of administrative tasks related to the accounts payable function in an accurate, efficient and effective manner. Activities include: utilization of our ERP system as well as multiple interfacing systems to process invoices, credits, reimbursement entries, reconcile statements, and act as vendor and colleague liaison in accordance with assignments.
- Maintains complete and orderly control of all incoming and outgoing documents (e.g., invoices, credits, statements) and communications (e.g. US mail, emails, meetings, voicemails) related to assignments.
- Processes incoming accounts payable payment requests for designated responsibilities in an accurate, efficient and timely manner meeting daily system entry goals. Daily system entry reconciliation is essential.
- Addresses invoicing problem and follows though to resolution. Problem resolution requires clear/concise communications with various hospital employees (e.g. end users, purchasing personnel) in a professional manner.
- Serves as the primary contact for timely follow-up on vendor inquiries. Reviews vendor statements and takes action to resolve past due invoices utilizing our ERP queries on payments, scheduled payments, and discrepancies in conjunction with Excel spreadsheets. Provides vendor responses for statement reconciliation.
- Processes credits, refunds and returned payments determining proper accounts to be credited and further action to be taken in accordance with AP and hospital policies and procedures.
- Participates in departmental meetings to review problem transactions and delinquencies.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- 0-1 years related work experience required.
- Dependable and Reliable. Professional, clear, and concise communicator.
- Strong time management, attention to detail, and ability to multitask.
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
- Experience with large ERP systems preferred.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are based on specific instructions, standard practices and established procedures which generally require little or no supervision.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are routine, somewhat repetitive and generally solved by following clear directions and procedures and by identifying opportunities for process improvements.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow general instructions and procedures as provided. Work is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally