Retail Pharmacy Technician $2,000 Sign On Bonus!
Department Description: * We are offering a $2,000.00 sign on bonus!
Located in the Longwood Area of Boston, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (BIDMC) is part of Beth Israel Lahey Health, a health care system that brings together academic medical centers and teaching hospitals, community and specialty hospitals, more than 4,000 physicians and 35,000 employees in a shared mission to expand access to great care.
Regarding Sign On Bonus:
• Sign on bonuses are paid out in two payments. You will receive your first payment (half of the total amount) within the first 30 days of employment and is subject to applicable taxes. You will receive the second payment (remaining balance) at six (6) months following your start date and is subject to applicable taxes.
• Full time status at BIDMC is considered for schedules greater than or equal to 30 hours per week; part time status is 20 to 29 hours per week. Please note, per diem employees are not eligible for sign on bonuses.
• Current and Former BILH candidates - restrictions apply. BIDMC Internal employees or employees within the BILH system are not eligible for the bonus or if you have been employed by a BILH entity within the last 12 months.
• Please note, sign on bonuses are subject to change based on the organization’s hiring needs and will be determined by Talent Acquisition on an ongoing basis. BILH/BIDMC Talent Acquisition reserves the right to change sign on bonus eligible jobs and amounts at any time.
Job Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Req ID: 44995BR
Job Summary: The Retail Pharmacy Technician is responsible for providing technical support under the supervision of a licensed pharmacist in the outpatient/retail pharmacy. Technician's duties include preparing take home medications, compounding, inventory management, utilizing various equipment and technology available in the pharmacy, performing drop-off and pick-up window duties, and performing various quality control tasks as assigned. In addition, the retail technician will participate in training and orientation of new technicians and pharmacy students and bedside delivery to patients.
- Renews routine/maintenance medication requests (telephonic, fax, Patient site, E- prescription queue) for patients. Manages the administrative responsibilities for faxing, filing, mailing, and documenting status in medical record of non-electronically routable prescriptions.
- Responds efficiently to formulary and medication assistance program inquiries and prioritizes efforts to address needs effectively and safely.
- Assists with medication reconciliations.
- Investigates and resolves prescription issues and communicates directly with patients providing clarification on directions for prescriptions.
- Understands product and payer reimbursement landscape and prior authorization guidelines and processes. Collects and reviews all data needed to facilitate prior authorization approvals. Communicates status updates as appropriate including information with appeals.
- Coordinates with provider, patient, or insurance company to resolve insurance related issues, including prior authorizations (PAs) efficiently.
- Provides exceptional customer service to internal and external customers. Resolves any customer requests in a timely and accurate manner. Escalates complaints accordingly; maintains frequent phone contact with patient, provider and pharmacy staff. Clarifies prescription orders with pharmacist and/or clinician as appropriate.
- Participates in quality initiatives and process improvement efforts for prescription requests, prior authorizations, education for providers and staff and pharmacy updates.
- High School diploma or GED required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- License Mass Registered Pharmacy Tech required., or Registration Pharmacy Technician Trainee required., or Certificate 1 Certfied Pharmacy Technician preferred.
- 1-3 years related work experience required in Healthcare or Retail Pharmacy.
- Knowledge of prior-authorization workflows, payer relations, prescription claims adjudication, and general reimbursement procedures.
- Ability to develop strong relationships with diverse groups of professionals (physicians, nurses, administration, etc.
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
- Experience with prior authorizations.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are routine, somewhat repetitive and generally solved by following clear directions and procedures and by identifying opportunities for process improvements.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow precedents and procedures. May set priorities and organize work within general guidelines. Seeks assistance when confronted with difficult and/or unpredictable situations. Work progress is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently to move objects. Some elements of the job are sedentary, but the employee will be required to stand for periods of time or move through out the hospital campus
BIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATIONVaccines
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. BILH requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment.